Sphero is a great robot that has many uses in the classroom:
- Use computational thinking to address the Processes and Production skills strands of the Digital
Technologies Curriculum by programming Sphero in three different ways designed for learner progression
- Measure time, speed, distance and other metrics to support numeracy and science.
- Perform specific functions such as motion and direction, colour and light and sensor controlled reactions.
- Direct the movement of the Sphero using an app or autonomously using code to navigate a maze or terrain.
- Develop Key Capabilities by working collaboratively on authentic challenges.
- Use Design Thinking to solve and overcome challenges.
Teacher can choose the activities from the Activity Cards or use the sphero with resources from Sphero EDU and beyond.
- One blue Power Charge Box, containing 12 Sphero Spark Plus
- 3 Sphero Mats and Challenge cards
- Sphero Soccer Resource with ppt in LMS on request
Digital Technologies | Mathematics | Science | Physics
- Sphero Activity Cards as a resources to work with the Soccer and Space Mat. There may be activities designed for Sphero Bolts which are not part of this loan kit.
- SPHERO EDU: https://edu.sphero.com/sphero/home
- Download Sphero EDU App to ipad/tablet devices
- Online Resources:
- Teacher Resource Guide: https://www.kookaburra.com.au/documents/teacherguide/ZMGEDU005_16.pdf
- Sphero Educator Resources: https://sphero.com/pages/educator-resources
- Digital Technologies: https://www.digitaltechnologieshub.edu.au/teach-and-assess/classroom-resources/lesson-ideas/sphero-catch-me-if-you-can/
- 3 hours of student learning