What students will learn:
Bushfires are of increasing concern to Australians, with an increase in the number of Bushfire Prone Areas across large areas of Victoria. How can technology (algorithms) help educate people about the best way to avoid, predict or escape bushfires? This session will focus on the use of Scratch to produce an Escape Room with educational content relating to Bushfires.
What students will do:
- Learn to identify different causes of bushfires. (do we need this?)
- Learn how an Escape Room can be used for education and engagement through gamification.
- Design their own interactive Escape Room game, using online coding platform – Scratch.
- Strengthen their knowledge of algorithmic thinking; branching and iteration, the use of variables and testing/modifying programs to meet end-user needs.
Students will need for the online session:
- A computer with internet access.
- A Scratch Account – if they would like to keep their work.
Links to industry and pathways:
- Sustainable Ecology
- Information Technology
- 1 x 90 minute sessions
- Students can continue to work and share their Escape Room Challenges with the class.
- Minimum 10 students per school when booking. Combined Year Levels are not an issue.
- Maximum unlimited