This activity is part of a larger unit conducted at KIOSC, however due to current restrictions, we are able to have students participate in the STEM activity online.
During this activity, you will gain skills in:
- coding in Augmented Reality
- experiencing the Design Think process
- creative storytelling
Part 1 – Getting Started in Augmented Reality – Metaverse
Students are guided through a video activity to learn the basics of using the Metaverse Augmented Reality design.
Part 2 – Story with a New Voice
How will the new version of the story be told? Student brainstorm a new style to tell their story – what genre will the story be told in?
Part 3 – Non-Linear Story
Students use their creativity, genre to create a storyboard for their fairytales ‘choose your own adventure’ style narrative.
Part 4 – Make your Metaverse Experience more interesting.
Part of the design process, requires iterations to perfect the style and content to deliver your story to an audience. The idea is to engage your audience and make them want to know what come next.
Part 5 – Publishing your Metaverse Experience
Time to test your product on an audience. Students learn how to upload and publish their product and share what they have created.
Digital Technologies / Design and Technologies / English / Humanities /
- KIOSC will conference with the classroom teacher to show them the activity.
- The activity is designed to be completely independent of the classroom teacher. The teacher just sets the timeline for students to complete the activities.
- If required, KIOSC will negotiate a time to run the LIVE introduction (30 minutes) and LIVE Lab session (30 minutes). The session can be in Teams, Collaborate, Webex, Youtube Live.
- All materials are included – TEACHER Notes – complete with guide and all answers.
- The Classroom teacher will need to provide student names and emails to KIOSC. This is so students can be given access to the security into the program.
The online program can be conducted over the suggested timeline . It is up to the classroom teacher.