Delivery: ONLINE: This program is 2 x 90 minute sessions. They do not need to be consecutive and can be completed a week apart.
What students will learn:
As the human population is increasing, so does food consumption. But we produce a lot of food, are we actually consuming all of it? Food wastage has become a major challenge in the 21st century. Is there any technology that can help us with these issues? Let’s find out!
What students will do:
The students create a games using Scratch MIT Media Labs – different to the normal scratch, and control the game using their own hand gestures or head movements!!!!
1. Explore what Artificial Intelligence (AI) is and its impacts on global sustainability.
2. Learn the process of developing a teachable machine.
3. Discover how Scratch and teachable machines can be used to create a game highlighting the application of AI in making the food industry more sustainable.
4. Design their own interactive AI game, using the online coding platform – Scratch.
Links to industry and pathways:
- Sustainable Ecology
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- 2 x 90 minute sessions
- Book the first session here and KIOSC will work with you to book the second session
- Minimum 15 students per school when booking. Combined Year Levels are not an issue.
- Maximum unlimited