KIOSC, in partnership with Knox Secondary Schools, is providing a FREE program for Primary Enrichment Students. Students are selected from their Primary School to participate in the afterschool deep learning and immersive program.
Fractured Fairy Tales
VCES learners will create a storyboard, changing the voice of a traditional fairy tale. Students will create a digital story of their fairy tale, in a choose your own adventure style, using the Metaverse AR Studio. The results are quite amazing and students can showcase their work through the App.
- The Program will run in total for 4 weeks.
- Week 5: Creating a visual storyboard of a favorite Fairy Tale.
- Week 6: Learn how to turn your story from last week into a digital ‘choose your own adventure’ prototype using Augmented Reality as the interactive source.
- Week 7: Preparing for Challenge Week. VCES Learners will refine their stories and digital content ready for Challenge Week 9. This event will be open to parents, Principals and Teachers from both Knox’s Primary and Secondary Schools for students to showcase and compete for in the Robotics Challenge Competition.
- Thursday’s at 4.15pm to 5.45pm
- Venue: KIOSC: Swinburne University- Wantirna Campus
VCES learners will create a storyboard, changing the voice of a traditional fairy tale. Using this, students will create a digital version of the story using Augmented Reality in the form of Metaverse. Metaverse is an online interactive tool that allows learners to take their story to a very different audience.
Teacher Booking Instructions:
- Click: Book this program.
- Enter in Teacher and School Information
- List student names
- On Confirmation: Please arrange a normal school excursion process for each student with parent/guardian approval. KIOSC will need a copy of these details in case of emergencies when the program is running. Please ensure that parents/guardians are aware that KIOSC will have details on emergency contact and any medical information that is required. This will be stored at KIOSC until the end of Term 3 and then removed.
- Teachers are welcome to attend with students, but not required. KIOSC has both DET and Swinburne staff, but it is great professional learning for staff.
Class Limit: 20 Students
Teacher: Al Ouchtomsky – Design and Digital Art Educator