Submissions extended until MONDAY 7th December – 3:30pm!!!!!!!
- This competition is for Year 7 students only, from KIOSC Partner Schools.
- Pre-work in Mathspace activities can be completed several times.
- Core activity – to be completed by all students.
- Extended activity – for those who wish to extend themselves.
- Challenge question solutions can only be submitted once via the supplied link. Weekly Challenge Question can be found below.
- If multiple submissions, only the first will be assessed.
- Students must work individually to solve the questions. The induvial students’ scores will be added towards the school score for the Major School Award.
- KIOSC staff will have the final say on the “Grit Awards” and “Major School Award”
- “Major School Award” will be a calculation each week of the school community average comprising of:
- 50% Mathspace Pre-work (Core Activity – recommended).
- 50% Challenge question solution.
Week 2: Step 1: Pre-work Mathspace
Log into your Mathspace account to practice and gain your skills.
|Bayswater Secondary College||Week 2 – Activity 1||Week 2 – Activity 2|
|Boronia K-12 College||Week 2 – Activity 1||Week 2 – Activity 2|
|Fairhills High School||Week 2 – Activity 1||Week 2 – Activity 2|
|Rowville Secondary College||Week 2 – Activity 1||Week 2 – Activity 2|
|Scoresby Secondary College||Week 2 – Activity 1||Week 2 – Activity 2|
|Wantirna College||Week 2 – Activity 1||Week 2 – Activity 2|
Week 2: Step 2: Challenge Question
Week 2 – Challenge Question
Challenge Question solution can only be submitted once!!
The video tutorial assist students in the use of Excel. A great way to work with some of the challenge questions.
Teacher Support for Mathspace
- Student Guide– Useful pdf guide for teachers and students
- Student side of Mathspace – A short 5 minute video you can share with your students to show them how to navigate their way around Mathspace.
- Eddie Woo’s videos – these have been remapped to the 2020 editions of our textbook