KIOSC is committed to ensuring our programs are immersed into our partner school curriculum, which then creates opportunities for all schools. Every year, we have a planning workshop to map out how our schools are using KIOSC resources and how we might better embed programs. It is important, in the changing VCE Study Designs to also modify our VCE masterclasses and gain feedback from VCE teachers into how these masterclasses can improve. This year, the planning day will incorporate many programs and technology applications. KIOSC already have the VCE Masterclasses in mind, but other programs will be added to the list:
- VCE Chemistry (Change of Study Design)
- VCE Biology (change of Study Design)
- VCE Physics (Change of Study Design) – Thermodynamics will be moved out, to make way for a new program.
- Logistic FAILs: Highlights for Algorithmic Thinking in Years 7 and 8 with our new Logistic FAIL program.
- LED Laser Light Design: this new program covers design and code and will be targeted towards electives at Yr 9 and 10 in Art and Digital Technologies.
- Additional programs to be incorporated into the planning day, based on school needs and student voice.
More to come, so stay tuned for the date and program workshop schedule.