These professional development workshops for teachers will be held around Australia in Term 4, 2019. These workshops are open to teachers who have not yet participated in FIRST LEGO League.
To register for the event: https://forms.gle/vWyDMet6AHnM8ySW7
1. There is no fee to participate.
2. Spaces at each workshop are limited to 30 teachers.
3. Lunch is provided on the day.
4. Workshops are led by a LEGO Education certified trainer.
NEW! SPIKE PRIME from LEGO Education
Hands-on training will be provided in the new Spike Prime technology from LEGO Education. Be among the first educators in the world to receive training with this new tech! LEGO Spike Prime and LEGO Mindstorms EV3 technology is utilized in FIRST LEGO League.
FIRST LEGO League
Ages 9 – 16
Teachers will be introduced to FIRST LEGO League and be given details on forming rookie teams for participation in 2020! Attendees will receive print copies of the FIRST LEGO League City Shaper challenge team meeting guide & engineering notebook for reference & understanding of the program. In Australia, the FIRST LEGO League program has been mapped to the National Curriculum by our partners at QUT: https://firstaustralia.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/FLL-Australian-Curriculum-Links-2017.pdf
All attendees will receive:
1. One FREE LEGO Star Wars set to take home – as a “thank you” for attending!
2. Entry into a “draw” for your 2020 rookie team to have a photo shoot with Star Wars characters, sponsored by The Walt Disney Company and Lucas Films, at one of 4 City Shaper rookie competitions in May 2020. Must register a team and be present at the competition to win.
3. Copies of the City Shaper (FLL) & Boomtown Build (Junior FLL) Team Meeting Guides and Engineering notebooks.
4. Opportunity to register a new team for a special addition “Rookie City Shaper Competion” in May 2020.
5. Information on applying for grant opportunities for new FIRST LEGO League teams.
For more information regarding FIRST programs for years K – 12 in Australia, please visit:
For general program queries or more details regarding the these professional development workshops, please email:
**Please note registration is open to those schools and teachers who have not yet participated in FIRST LEGO League in Australia and who are interested in starting a Rookie team in term 1 of 2020.**