PrimeSCI provides outreach science education programs for primary and secondary school students, and professional development for teachers.
PrimeSCI’s goal is to bring the community and scientists together to enrich understanding of science and technology.
PrimeSCI connect imaginative research-active and passionate scientists and technicians with students of all ages, their teachers, their friends and the general public here in Australia and globally. PrimeSci work with universities, governments, UNESCO, National Geographic, the military, museums, regional centers, local communities worldwide – anyone with whom we can share our love of science.
At KIOSC, PrimeSci run School Holiday Workshops in science and engineering that are full of fun hands-on activities for children from Kindergarten to Year 8.
Example workshops include:
- Forensic Science Junior (Prep – Gr 2)
- Forensic Science Senior (Gr 2 – 4)
- Bubble Science (Prep – Gr 2)
- Hot! Hot! (Gr 1 – 4)
- Our Blue Marble (Kinder – Gr 1)
- Earth’s Resources: Minerals (Gr 1 – 4)
- Earth’s Resources: Plants (Gr 1 – 4)
- Marvellous Moons of our Solar System (Gr 3 – 6)
Booking required – see their website for more details.